Whole-grain ingredients make these pancakes a healthy breakfast option for your family.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or grapeseed oil, plus extra for brushing the pan
- Lemon juice, honey, and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sift the flours together into a bowl, and add the salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs, and add them with the milk.
- Stir in the oil, and mix well. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, brush with a very little oil, and drop in spoonfuls of the mixture.
- When bubbles have formed all over the surface, turn the pancakes.
- Serve with lemon juice, honey, and sesame seeds.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!