Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
These cinnamon applesauce muffins are great for breakfast or after school.
Serves: 12 large or 24 mini-muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whiles, slightly beaten
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spray bottoms of muffin tins with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, wheat germ, and baking powder. Add remaining ingredients. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.