Cinnamon French Toast
This French toast recipe is a low-fat version of a favorite family breakfast.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 slices Italian bread
- In small bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, preheat nonstick skillet, sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and place in prepared skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve warm.
- This works great with any type of bread (even day old bread) and tastes great with low-calorie syrup, jams, or fruit spreads.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.