This dish of toasted oats and nuts with yogurt is a healthy option for breakfast or dessert, like a granola parfait.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 oz (125 g) coarse oats
- 2 oz (60 g) slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz (250 g) Greek yogurt
- Spread the oats and flaked almonds on a flat baking sheet and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place in a hot oven until crispy but not browned.
- Reserve one tablespoon of this mixture.
- Whip the cream, fold in the yogurt, stir in the oat-andalmond mixture, and spoon into glass dishes.
- Decorate with the reserved oats and almond mix.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!