Ham and Egg Scramble
This dish features egg, ham, and cheese, for a breakfast taste that will get everyone to the table.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup (about 3 ounces) diced ham, at least 97% lean
- 2 cups fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and pour the egg substitute over the ham. Cook without stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are partially set. Stir gently to scramble and continue to cook for another minute or 2, or until the eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs, and cook and stir gently for 1 minute, or until the eggs are cooked but not dry and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.