Ham Breakfast Casserole
Start your busy weekend off with this hearty ham breakfast casserole. It will fuel the entire family's activity-filled day!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 8 slices reduced-calorie white bread
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) finely diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle ham, mushrooms, and Cheddar cheese over top. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and skim milk. Add onion flakes, parsley flakes, and lemon pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.