Here's a wonderful combination of scrambled eggs, corn, onions, and peppers!
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ounce jar) chopped pimiento, undrained
- 6 tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits
- 9 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté green pepper and onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, undrained pimiento, and bacon bits.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce, using a wire whisk.
- Add egg mixture to vegetable mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Lower heat and cook until eggs are set but still creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.