Orange Almond Granola
Kids love the flavor of this low-fat orange almond granola.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup frozen juice concentrate of your choice, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, juice concentrate, brown sugar, cinnamon and almond extract in large bowl; mix well.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet; bake 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Cool slightly; mix in cranberries and raisins.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container for up to one month.
- Studies show that 1 cup cooked oat bran or 1 1/2 cups oatmeal daily can lower serum cholesterol by 5 percent.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.