Peanut Butter Jelly French Toast
It takes just a bit of peanut butter and some spreadable fruit to make everyone get up in time for breakfast!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grape spreadable fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 8 slices reduced-calorie bread
- In a shallow bowl, combine dry milk powder, water, and vanilla extract. Add egg. Mix well to combine.
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon grape fruit spread over the tops of 4 slices of bread. Top each with another slice of bread.
- Dip each "sandwich" into milk mixture, coating both sides. Place on hot griddle or large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Brown on both sides.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.