Poached Egg Muffins
Categories: Quick to fix
A simple, satisfying breakfast that anyone can make
Cooking Time: cook 4-6 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 4 large, very fresh eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- Bring a large frying pan of water to a gentle simmer, so small bubbles are just breaking at the surface. Add the lemon juice. Bring a second frying pan of water to a simmer, and turn off the heat.
- Crack one egg on to a plate. Stir the water with a large, slotted spoon, then slip the egg into the water, letting the edge of the plate touch the water so it does not splash. Repeat with the other eggs.
- Cook gently for about 3 minutes just until the white is set (or for a few extra minutes if you prefer a fully set yolk). Using a slotted spoon, lift out each egg, dip into the frying pan of water, then place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Trim any loose strands of egg white and serve immediately with the toasted muffins.
- ; cook 4-6 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!