These pumpkin pancakes are a better-for-you breakfast treat.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- In large bowl, beat eggs slightly and mix with milk.
- Stir in pumpkin. Add dry biscuit mix. Mix well.
- Spray large skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. (The skillet is hot enough when a drop of water sizzles on top.)
- Cook pancakes on both sides until golden brown.
- Try this pancake recipe that's rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. Cooked or canned carrots, sweet potatoes, or squash may be substituted for the pumpkin.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.