The delicious drink contains no added sugar, so is ideal for anyone who is looking for a healthy choice
Prep Time: 5M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries or strawberries, or a combination
- 1 banana, broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple or apple juice
- Combine the raspberries, banana, and yogurt in a blender. Add the juice, cover, and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 4 tall glasses and serve chilled.
- Good with breakfast or brunch-a great way to ensure you start the day with vitamin-rich fruits.
Thicker Smoothie: Add another banana. If you prefer to use fresh fruits, add your own choice of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries plus 2 or 3 ice cubes.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!