Red and Yellow Eggs
Add a splash of color -- and nutrition -- to your eggs with flavorful bell peppers and tomatoes.
Serves: serves 2
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3-4 ripe red tomatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 free-range eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Halve the peppers, remove the ribs and seeds, and slice into fat strips.
- Finely chop the onion. Peel and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the peppers and onion and stew gently, covered, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and add the parsley.
- Add eggs to the vegetable mixture, and stir until the eggs are just set.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!