Tropical Blend Muesli
Here's another way to get all-American rolled oats into your diet: tropical blend muesli.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix lightly before serving.
- Eating oatmeal can reduce blood cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease. Why be concerned? Every 1 percent rise in blood cholesterol increases the risk of heart disease by 2 percent.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.