Steak au Poivre Vert
What do you usually eat for Christmas dinner? Instead of the traditional Christmas ham, why not try something a little different. Here's an easy yet elegant main course for a holiday.
Serves: 1 filet mignon
- 1 filet mignon per person
- 1 tablespoon butter; 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons brandy or cognac or broth if you don't want to use liquor
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 small jar green peppercorns in brine
- Brush steaks with oil and fry in hot butter 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a warmed platter.
- Add the vinegar and then the brandy (the liquor evaporates leaving only flavor); cream, drained peppercorns and a touch of salt.
- Reduce this mixture slightly then put the steaks back in the pan.
- Serve with the warmed sauce.