Chile-Fish Sauce Condiment
This is a simple but versatile dipping sauce to accompany skewers of chicken, fish, shrimp, or pork.
Serves: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup Southeast Asian fish sauce
- Juice of 3 limes (about 6 tablespoons)
- 2 jalape駉s or other fresh chile pepper of your choice, sliced into thin circles
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves. This condiment will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 4-5 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!