Fresh Mango Relish
Be sure the mangoes are fully ripened-they should yield slightly when squeezed
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 1 fresh hot red chile, seeded and minced
- 4 tsp canola or olive oil
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 / 2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Combine the mangoes, chile, oil, brown sugar, white wine vinegar, and coriander in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 8 hours to develop the flavor. Just before serving, stir in the mint.
- prep 15 mins
Mango-cilantro Sauce: Prepare the chutney through step 1. Pur閑 in a food processor with 1 tbsp desiccated coconut and 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, and a little water if needed, until the mixture is the thickness of heavy cream. Serve at once, garnished with a few torn cilantro leaves. Serve the sauce with seared salmon.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!