Green Apple-Chipotle Salsa
Green apples lend crunch and freshness to this chunky salsa.
Serves: Makes about 11/2 cups
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and diced small
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced small
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well. This salsa is best served right away, but will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2-3 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!