Herbed Green Mayonnaise
Use your favorite herbs in this sauce, either singly or in combination
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Serves: makes 5 servings
- 1 large egg, plus 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 / 2 tsp salt
- 1 / 4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1 / 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 / 4 cup chopped basil, dill, tarragon, cilantro, or sorrel
- Combine the egg, yolks, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. With the motor running, slowly pour in the oil until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Add the chopped herbs and pulse until combined. Transfer to a covered container.
- prep 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!