This relish is a great accompaniment to just about anything grilled.
Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 large, ripe but firm mango, peeled, pitted, and diced small (should yield about 11/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped scallions, including green tops
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chile pepper of your choice
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. This relish will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2-3 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!