Categories: Kids' Favorites
Making your own mayonnaise is easy and allows you to choose your own flavorings
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Serves: makes 11/2 cups
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1 / 4 cups olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place the egg yolks, vinegar, and mustard in a food processor. Process for about 1 minute, until pale and creamy. (Or whisk by hand.)
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil through the feed tube in a thin, steady stream, processing until the mayonnaise is thick and creamy. (If making by hand, dribble in the oil.)
- Add the lemon juice and pulse briefly (or stir) to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- prep 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!