Parsley-Pine Nut Condiment
Categories: On the Grill
This condiment is great served as an accompaniment for lamb, chicken, or fish, or sprinkled on grilled vegetables.
Serves: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast the pine nuts in a shallow baking pan in a 350°F (180°C) oven until they are golden(5-10 minutes), or in a dry skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, shaking frequently to avoid burning. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. This condiment is best used the day it is made, but it will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 3 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!