This peach-based dish is great with pork, lamb, or full-flavored fish like mackerel or bluefish.
Serves: Makes about 11/4 cups
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced small
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeņo or other fresh chile pepper of your choice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- Juice of 11/2 limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Serve this one right away; the peaches won't hold up too long.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!