Southeast Asian-Style Spice Paste
Categories: On the Grill
Brush or rub this fiery curry paste all over any cut of lamb or beef before grilling.
Serves: Makes about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup minced jalape駉 or other fresh chile pepper of your choice
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely minced (use the tender inner portion of the bottom third of the stalk only)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well or, if you prefer a finer paste, crush together in a mortar and pestle, still leaving it somewhat chunky. This paste will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2-3 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!