Spicy Tomato Relish
Put out a bowl of this whenever you are serving smaller pieces of fish, chicken, or pork.
Serves: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 ripe tomato, cored and diced small
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh green chiles of your choice
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. This relish will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 3-4 days.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!