Tomato and Lemon Salsa
Homemade salsa adds a bit of spice to grilled fish or chicken, burgers, rice, or tortilla chips, of course.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) ripe red tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 green onions, finely chopped
- fresh red or green chili peppers, to taste, deseeded and chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- You can store the salsa in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- This wonderful fresh sauce with a sharp chili-pepper tang is good with grilled fish or chicken, rice, or pasta.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!