This simple Greek dip makes a good start to a casual meal, served with a selection of crudités
Prep Time: 10M, plus 30 mins standing
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped dill or mint
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Put the cucumber in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the cucumber well to remove the excess salt. A handful at a time, squeeze out the excess liquid, putting the cucumber in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and stir. Add the garlic, mint, olive oil, and vinegar and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- Prepare ahead: The dip can be refrigerated for up to one day; stir before serving.
- Good with warmed pita bread and a variety of vegetables, such as carrot, celery, fennel, and pepper slices, for dipping.
- Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for a day.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!