Fresh Mint Sauce
Mint sauce goes well with lamb, but is also great with many desserts.
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 scallion
- 3 stalks lemongrass, bottom quarter cut and peeled to the soft layer; reserve tough outer leaves for broth
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, puree the first seven ingredients.
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the bowl of the machine and blend 10 more seconds.
- Chill and serve.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.