Sweet Potato Pie
Every year, African-Americans celebrate Kwanzaa and its seven principles (self-determination, respect, unity, etc.) Here's a sweet potato pie that can be done in a flash in your microwave!
Serves: 1 9-inch pie
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, drained
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9" pie shell, baked
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Use a food processor or fork to mash sweet potatoes together with the melted margarine. Blend in eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add milk and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into baked pie shell.
- Microwave on 70% (medium high) 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans over surface of pie.
- Rotating midway through cooking, microwave on 70%, 6-8 minutes or until center no longer jiggles.
- If you prefer, you can bake it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.