Some things in life are worth fighting for, like this spectacular fudge with a flavor as big as Texas!
Serves: Serves: 16 (2 pieces)
- 2 2/3 cups Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped pecans
- Spray an 8-by- 12-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine dry milk powder, water, cornstarch, Sugar Twin, and chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and chocolate chips are melted, stirring constantly. R
- emove from heat. Add cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix well using a wire whisk until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 32 pieces. Refrigerate leftovers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.