Almond Fruit Whip
Simmered fruit whipped up in a blender and topped with yogurt and nuts is a healthy and delicious dessert.
Serves: serves 4
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 oz (60 g) dried apricots
- 4 oz (125 g) raisins
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh ripe apricots, nectarines, or peaches
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 oz (150 g) natural yogurt
- 2 oz (60 g) sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Put the orange juice in a pan with the washed, dried apricots and raisins.
- Simmer gently over low heat until the fruit is soft and plump.
- Wash the apricots, nectarines, or peaches, cut into chunks, and purÃ©e in a blender or food-processor with the lemon juice.
- Mix the fresh fruit purÃ©e with the dried fruit purÃ©e and stir in the yogurt.
- Transfer to a dish and sprinkle with almonds and cinnamon. Chill before serving.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!