For a fall dessert that's much lighter than apple pie, turn to this quick and healthy recipe.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 medium-sized cooking apples
- 4 oz (125 g) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C.)
- Core the apples. Cut off the bottoms of the cores and put them back into the apples as a plug.
- Mix the ground almonds and orange juice to a paste and stuff the apples with it.
- Put the apples in a heatproof dish with a little water, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- These are delicious hot or cold.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!