Homemade apple crisp is destined to become your kids' favorite recipe -- especially when it's topped with vanilla ice cream!
Serves: 8 servings
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a shallow baking dish or pie plate, combine the apples, sugar, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, butter or margarine, and remaining teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- Another warm dessert that benefits from a scoop of fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.