Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Marvelously moist, these applesauce oatmeal cookies are beloved classics you can bake up in a jiffy.
Serves: Serves: 12 (4 each)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (6 ounces) quick oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, oil, Sugar Twin, and egg. Add baking soda, apple pie spice, raisins, flour, and oats. Mix well to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets to make 48 cookies.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Don't overbake or cookies will turn out tough.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.