Apricot and Yogurt Parfait
Enjoy this dish for breakfast or a light dessert
Prep Time: prep 5 mins, plus cooling
Cooking Time: cook 25-30 mins
Serves: makes 4 parfaits
- 12oz ( 350g) dried apricots
- 1 1 / 4 cups orange juice
- 1 / 2 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cup muesli or granola
- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts, slivered
- Combine the apricots and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until very tender.
- Cool slightly. Transfer the apricot mixture to a food processor and pur閑. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more orange juice.
- Serve warm or cold, in individual serving dishes with layered Greek yogurt, muesli, and pistachio slivers.
- prep 5 mins, plus cooling; cook 25-30 mins
Peach Parfait: Instead of apricots, use 12oz (350g) dried peaches. The parfait also makes a delicious sauce for ice cream, thinned with a little juice or a liqueur, such as apricot brandy or Amaretto.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!