Apricot Rocky Road Clusters
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
These ''chunky" treats are absolutely crammed with goodies -- like marshmallows, apricots, and walnuts -- and couldn't be easier to prepare.
Serves: Serves: 6 (4 each)
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup (2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) quick oats
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in margarine and marshmallows. Add apricots, walnuts, and oats. Mix well to combine.
- Drop mixture with a teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheet to form 24 clusters.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.