Enjoying this juicy summer dessert with yogurt and almonds will make you forget how healthy it is.
Serves: serves 4
- 8 oz (250 g) dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Wash the apricots.
- Mix the water with the apple juice concentrate, lemon juice, and honey.
- Pour the mixture over the apricots and leave to soak, covered, overnight.
- The next day, put the apricots in a pan with the liquid, bring to a boil, and simmer until soft-about 5-10 minutes. Leave to cool, then pur閑.
- Spoon into individual glass dishes; top with a spoonful of yogurt, a dusting of nutmeg, and a few sliced almonds.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!