Apricots with Amaretti Cookies and Mascarpone
This recipe is simple, delicious, and perfect for a tasty dessert.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 8 Amaretti cookies
- 7oz (200g) mascarpone cheese
- 16 ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- handful of blanched almonds, halved
- Lightly crush the Amaretti with a rolling pin, then divide among 4 individual glass dishes. Lightly whip the mascarpone with a wooden spoon until smooth and thick.
- Layer the apricots and mascarpone on top of the Amaretti, finishing with a layer of mascarpone. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
- Cheat...Buy toasted chopped nuts and scatter over the apricots to serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!