Baby Ruthy Delites
Isn't it amazing that you can create a healthy dessert with such tasty ingredients as peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and chocolate and butterscotch puddings?
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (3 ounces) quick oats
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 teaspoons Hershey 's Lite Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine margarine and Brown Sugar Twin. Cook over medium heat until margarine melts. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Continue cooking until peanut butter melts, stirring constantly. Add oats. Mix well to combine.
- Pat mixture into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry pudding mixes. Add dry milk powder and water. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spread Cool Whip Lite evenly over set pudding layer. Drizzle chocolate syrup evenly over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.