Baked apples are delicious and a great treat on a cold day.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place the apples in a shallow baking pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and spoon over the apples.
- Bake, uncovered, for about an hour or until the apples are tender but not mushy.
- The warm apples are good topped with a scoop of fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.