Baked Cherry Miel
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This dessert is sure to please the cherry-lovers in your family, and the recipe makes enough for two nights. Miel is French for "honey."
Serves: Serves 8
- 1 lb. fresh ripe cherries, sliced in half and pitted
- 1 TB. flour
- 1⁄4 cup + 1 TB. honey
- 4 TB. butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, sprinkle cherries with flour, stir to coat.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup honey over cherries, stir again, and pour cherries into an 8 × 8 greased baking dish.
- Combine butter, 1 tablespoon honey, oatmeal, and cinnamon, and spoon over cherries. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and the top is crispy.
- Distribute to serving plates and eat as is, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.