Banana and Mango Crumble
Whip up a light and exotic dessert that will sneak some fruit onto your plate after dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 6 oz (175 g) whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp sugar-free muesli
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix the mango and banana with the lemon zest and juice, and half the sugar, and pour into a lightly greased pie dish.
- Knead together the breadcrumbs and the butter, add the remaining sugar and the muesli, and distribute evenly on top of the fruit. Dot with a little more butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a little light cream.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!