Banana Split Parfait
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This wonderfully fruity ice cream concoction will keep you young -- and healthy -- at heart!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced banana
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 3 cups Wells' Blue Bunny sugar-and fat-free strawberry ice cream or any sugar- and fat-free ice cream
- 6 tablespoons Cool Whip Lite
- 3 maraschino cherries, halved
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Slightly crush with a potato masher or fork. Stir in banana.
- In a medium saucepan, combine undrained pineapple and Sugar Twin. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil, stirring often.
Pour hot pineapple mixture over strawberry mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture into 6 parfait glasses. Top each with 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream. Spoon scant 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture over each. Top each with 1 tablespoon Cool Whip Lite and garnish with half a maraschino cherry.
- Serve at once or freeze. If freezing, remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- To prevent banana from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.