Berry Sorbet Pie
This berry pie is sweeter than sugar, but a healthy treat.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups vanilla or strawberry nonfat sorbet, softened
- 8-ounce container Cool Whip, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries, chopped
- 9-inch low-fat graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups cold skim milk
- 2 (4-serving) packages vanilla or banana instant pudding mix
- Combine sorbet and 1/2 cup Cool Whip in medium bowl; fold in strawberries or raspberries and mix until completely blended. Spoon sorbet mixture into crust.
- Place in freezer 15 to 20 minutes, until hardened.
- Pour cold skim milk into large bowl; add pudding mix and beat vigorously with wire whisk until blended and smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 cup Cool Whip just until ingredients are mixed.
- Spoon pudding mixture over sorbet; cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove pie from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve with additional whipped topping, if desired.
- We all know milk does a body good--the question is, just how good? One glass of milk provides 30 percent of the RDA for calcium; 25 percent of the RDA for vitamin D; 20 percent of the RDA for riboflavin; 16 percent of the RDA for protein; 13 percent of the RDA for vitamin B and 11 percent of the RDA for potassium.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.