This excellent make-ahead dessert looks beautiful, and it's great for a crowd.
Serves: 24 small servings
- 12-Ounce prepared angel food cake
- 2 3.4-ounce packages instant fat-free vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 16-ounce packages frozen mixed unsweetened berries, thawed
- 12-ounce container Cool Whip Free
- Cut or tear the angel food cake into 1 -inch cubes.
- In a large bowl mix together the pudding mix and milk.
- Place half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl.
- Spread half of the pudding over the cake cubes.
- Place 1 package of mixed berries over the pudding. Top with half of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat the layers, garnishing the top with a few berries.
- Chill before serving.
- Any combination of cake, pudding, and fruit will work well. The dessert looks beautiful when served in a trifle dish, but any glass bowl will work. This is an excellent make-ahead dessert, good for a crowd.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.