Bird's Nest Cookies
This is definitely a "hands-on"cookie recipe -- children of all ages can get involved!
Serves: 12 servings
- 6-ounce package butterscotch or peanut butter morsels
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3-ounce package chow mein noodles
- 8-ounce package jelly beans
- Melt morsels and peanut butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in noodles. Mix until well coated.
- Place a tablespoon of noodles on waxed paper. Shape into a nest with a large spoon.
- Add jelly beans for eggs.
- Children love to make their own nests and choose the color of jelly beans to use for eggs. This is definitely a recipe for "hands-on" involvement of children, even pre-school age.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.