Boozy Berries with Mint and Elderflower Cream
Berries mixed with mint and elderflower cream are a light and tasty dessert.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4-6
- 1lb (450g) mixed summer berries, such as strawberries (halved, if large), blackberries, raspberries, and red currants, stemmed
- 2/3 cup crème de cassis
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1-2 tbsp elderflower cordial, to taste
- Put the berries in a shallow serving bowl, and drizzle the cassis over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight, tossing gently once or twice to mix.
- Put the cream in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the mint and elderflower cordial, and serve with the mixed berries.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!