Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This is an easy last-minute dessert that requires only bananas, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the bananas, sugar, and lemon juice together in a shallow baking pan or pie plate.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the sugar melts and the bananas start to brown.
- You can use rum in place of the lemon juice for a more sophisticated taste. I usually just use lemon juice. The warm bananas are also good topped with a scoop of fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt. This is an easy last minute dessert.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.