Brownie Pudding Cake
This brownie pudding cake is the chocoholic's dream dessert.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter- flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine dry milk powder and 3/4 cup water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, Sugar Twin, baking powder, and baking soda. Add milk mixture, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix gently to combine.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over top.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining 2 tablespoons cocoa, Brown Sugar Twin, and remaining 1/4 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Spoon hot mixture evenly over cake batter. DO NOT stir.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for at least 15 minutes. Divide into 8 servings. Serve warm or cold.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.