Cafe-au-Lait Chocolate Chip Bars
This may be the most delicious chocolate and coffee flavored cookie recipe of all time.
Serves: Serves: 8 (2 each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 -by- 9 -inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine margarine, sour cream, and egg. Stir in coffee and Sugar Twin. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix gently just to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. Place cake pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 16 bars.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.